In celebration of the best guy around, we’ve rounded up our favourite boys’ day out activities to make Sunday, June 19th unforgettable this year.
Our Top Five Things To Do This Father’s Day Weekend
1. Kick off the weekend with a BC Lions football game versus the Calgary Stampeders Friday, June 17th. Get your tickets here! More of a European football fan? The Vancouver Whitecaps are playing New England Revolution Saturday, June 18th, tickets available here.
2. More the adventurous type? Have lunch 2,000 feet above sea level. About an hour’s drive from Vancouver, the 11km adventure hike that is the renowned Stawamus Chief overlooks the town of Squamish with spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and water. Choose from old-growth forest trail or one with views of Shannon Falls. Feeling particularly daring? The front face of the Chief is popular for experienced rock climbers.
3. If chilling’s more the order of the day, stop by The Liberty Distillery’s Cocktail Lounge on Granville Island. Sip one of the Distillery’s artisanal premium spirits, handcrafted on site “from grain to glass” at the 110-year-old antique bar. Service starts at 11am; meaning on boys’ day, any time is a good time to try the good stuff.
4. Get cultural and take in a play at the annual Bard on the Beach festival. There are two preview performances of award-winning The Merry Wives of Windsor on Sunday, June 19th. This classic tale of mischief and sweet revenge is set against the beautiful back-drop of mountains and water at the Bard tents in Kitsilano’s Vanier Park. For more performances, check the official schedule here.
5. A short, thirty-minute drive out of the city will have you on the Redwoods Golf Course doorstep. This lush, 18 hole Ted Locke Championship course offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains beyond the tree-lined green. Redwoods also offers a Driving Range, the Grill, and flexible bookings from a one-time tee time to seasons’ passes.
No matter how you choose to spend your guys’ day, we wish you and all the dads out there a Happy Father’s Day!
Photo credit: Juan Gomez