Floral artistry is more than simply arranging a few blooms in a vase. Consider: colour, texture, variety, size… the perfect arrangement is the culmination of nature’s most beautiful gifts through one person’s artful interpretation: the florist. From freshly gathered garden blooms to classic bouquets and modern arrangements, the design is meant to give a visual narrative. In this case: one of love and gratitude for the most beautiful woman in your life: Mom.
We’ve sourced some of the best florists in Vancouver so you can gift her with something as unique, lovely, and authentic as she is. Order soon, we’re sure these artists will be busy come Sunday, May 8th!
1. Bird On A Wire Creations has joined with Bouquets by Mary for a special Mother’s Day pop-up shop Saturday, May 8th from noon-4pm. You can also pre-order these Mason Jar Bouquets online. These cheerful, rustic creations are the perfect ‘thank you’ to mom for $25.
2. Interior Flori offers exquisitely designed bouquets and arrangements by award-winning Stephen Kuo. The unassuming W. Broadway shop is packed with stunning blooms for your choosing, and Kuo, who recently designed centerpieces for Queen Elizabeth’s youngest son, Prince Edward, is as happy to perfectly finish your bouquet with wrapping as he is to offer up knowledge on his passion.
3. Georgia Straight “Best Of” winner, The Flower Factory was voted by Vancouverites as the Florist in town. Their retail location on Main St. has served up beautiful blooms for nearly twenty years, their dedication to creating unique, client-centric arrangements part of their success.
4. Conveniently located in the heart of downtown, Choice Flowers is another of the city’s long-serving florists that delivers perfection every time. Their variety of local and imported flowers ensures there’s something for everyone.
5. Personal service and attention to detail are paramount at Blumen Floral & Gift Boutique. A Cambie
neighbourhood staple, Blumen even offers a weekly delivery program, so Mom can have fresh flowers all year long!
What’s your favourite flower shop in Vancouver? Share with us and post your best Mother’s Day bouquets to our Facebook page.