Your home is your sanctuary, the very essence of you. After all of the time and money spent acquiring it, you want someone who embraces your vision of what that home means, and what you want it to express to others. We’ve rounded up ten of Canada’s top interior designers, each with their own unique approach ready to style your home to perfection.
- 1. The award-winning Elizabeth Metcalf Interiors pairs understated elegance with modern luxury. Their fresh take on a classic feel has been serving clients in the Greater Toronto Area for over fifteen years. Helmed by Elizabeth Metcalf, the EM team is guided by the belief that a cohesive design philosophy between style and function can transform the home to enhance their clients’ well-being.
- 2. English import Alan John Marsh got his start in the Montreal offices of internationally acclaimed Design International, designing shopping centres, offices, and commercial spaces across North America. Turning his attention to residential properties in Toronto, Marsh’s signature minimalist aesthetic utilizes modern technology with recycled materials. The unifying thread is his acute attention to the details that make minimalism comfortable, beautiful, and personal.
- 3. Hailing from the prestigious Parsons School of Design in Paris and Italy’s University of Ferrara for Architecture, Vancouverite Patricia Gray is a multi-talented designer. Her own original artwork and custom furnishings add another dimension to the services she offers. Heading up Patricia Gray Interiors Inc., Gray’s name has become synonymous with exceptional design for functionality and contemporary luxury; it’s no wonder she has a celebrity client list to her credit as well.
- 4. The imaginative team of George Yabu and Glenn Pushelberg lead the renowned Yabu Pushelberg, which oversees projects in sixteen countries from its East Coast base. Ranging from retail and hospitality to private residences, the experienced team and their partners create designs that evoke youth, adventure, and have a polished approach that comes through in every detail.
- 5. Vancouver-based Trish Knight’s namesake design studio aims to “create a home that reflects the values, lifestyle, and sensibilities of the people who inhabit it.” Her approachable style that combines sophistication with livability and that undeniably West Coast aesthetic is sought after from San Diego to Singapore.
- 6. Douglas Design Studio’s aesthetic is creating a space that is uniquely you. The self-named “lifestyle interpreters”, led by Jeffrey Douglas, have been transforming interiors since 1995 from what they were to what they could be. The firm prides itself on client relations and offers a passion for organization and a smooth process to take you from your current state, to your ultimate home.
- 7. Lisa Canning’s energetic approach that’s at once strategic and passionate will transform your home into an effortless sanctuary. The beauty is in the details, and making sure that every single one of those details works for you, so that you don’t have to. Her design savvy has caught the eye of Toronto’s well-heeled and media alike, her beautiful results are all that matter to her clients.
- 8. Toronto’s Laura Stein Interiors is an award-winning firm whose bespoke designs are brought to life by a team of skilled contractors and artisans. The woman behind the name, herself a picture of understated luxury with a contemporary edge, underscores every design created with the client’s personality and lifestyle in mind for ultimate livability and comfort.
- 9. Since 1982 Elaine Cecconi and Anna Simone have been transforming interiors across the world, all the while giving back to the community through their knowledge and experience, such as on HGTV’s Design Interns. Cecconi Simone adheres to the “whole design” philosophy, basing their interiors around the people who inhabit them and the lifestyle that arises from that relationship: functional, striking, unique.
- 10. Western Living’s Designers of the Year 2015 finalist Enviable Designs offers more than just interior design. Helping clients right from the planning stage through remodels, the ED’s team is there for whatever your home requires. With a distinctly elegant, West Coast aesthetic, the modern luxe result is nothing short of beautiful.
Anyone who should’ve made the list? Share with us!