With raindrops hitting our roofs more and more these days, it’s time to plan for cozy evenings inside, and the best of this city’s cultural events for when we’re looking to get a little more social. From the famed Cirque du Soleil to melody-filled evenings and catching the big games, here’s the fall line-up.
1. If you’ve seen the yellow and blue tents by the Georgia viaduct, then you already know that Cirque du Soleil has returned to Vancouver with Kooza; the story of a melancholy loner “The Innocent” in search of his place in the world through acrobatic performance and bold, slapstick humour. Kooza runs from October 29th - December 27th. Get your tickets for one of the greatest shows on earth!
2. The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra has a number of upcoming shows to choose from, including a reprise of one of VSO’s most successful Pops concerts: Fifty Years of James Bond. Enjoy memorable screen-stealers from Dr. No all the way up to the Oscar-winning Skyfall, just in time for 007’s twenty-fourth installment coming to theaters this month.
3. For more intimate evenings, the Friends of Chamber Music present a monthly classical concert series. Featuring world-class musicians playing some of the most timeless and evocative music from the masters, FoCM concerts offer a truly unique experience not to be missed.
4. Love them or hate them, the Vancouver Canucks have a couple of home games this month. Check their calendar and get your tickets for a night indulgent of the city’s spirit through an iconic hockey team.
5. Get a jump on the Holidays with the Canadian premiere of A Christmas Story and the acclaimed It’s a Wonderful Life at The Arts Club. With runs November through December, these tales as told on stage through live theatre is as traditional as the season can get.